Friday July 27 (evening)
- choose between casual or formal dinner options
- informal conversations at a convenient watering hole
- attend a cool public laser show at Fiske Planetarium
Saturday, July 28
a full day and evening of family-friendly activities and events!
- Meet and mingle with the bright and energetic (though tired) participants and faculty of SSP ’18. (Their orbit determination is due Friday night!)
- Learn about SSP in Biochemistry and future expansion plans from Board Chair Dr. Michael Weiss ’74
- Hear the “Welcome to SSP” talk that current participants get on arrival day from Executive Director Richard Bowdon ’74
- Browse photos and memorabilia from past summers
- Meet fellow SSPers, all interesting people doing interesting things
Watch science demos and hear talks on new breakthroughs
- Hear panel discussions on topics like “My career outside of STEM” or “Women in STEM: challenges and rewards”
- Enjoy a catered dinner and after-dinner program, joined by the current participants and faculty
- Tour the Universe with Dr. Doug Duncan from Fiske Planetarium, using its awesome 8K x 8K digital projection system
- Visit the observatory deck and look through the old astrograph from Thacher School
Sunday July 29 (morning)
- open Board of Trustees meeting
- hike the beautiful Flatirons
- closing group lunch
Tickets will open for sale online in late February. Check back then.
The Denver airport (DEN) is served by most major airlines and is about an hour from campus. Options:
- SkyRide public (RTD) bus, Route AB. $9 each way, frequent departures.
- Green Ride Boulder shared shuttle to Boulder, departing DEN hourly with door-to-door service. 303-997-0238 (Reservations are required). One way fare is $27.
- Rent a car. Be sure to ask at the counter how highway tolls are billed. The fastest way to Boulder is via the E-470 tollway. There is an alternate route that avoids tolls.
Campus map. On Saturday we will be in Duane Hall (physics building) and Fiske Planetarium. Parking on campus is tightly regulated. Use Lot 308 for free after 5 PM Friday and all day Saturday & Sunday. It’s the closest large parking lot to Fiske.
Boulder Inn (Best Western Plus) 800-233-8469. Discounted group rate $179 king – mention the Summer Science Program. Nice but small; will likely sell out.
More hotel options pending….
Want to help? Email us