How to Apply
Applications for 2018 will open on December 15, 2017.
When applications are open:
- Register and begin the online application form.
- Ask your school to send your official transcript.
- Enter your test scores and email your unofficial score reports.
- Request evaluations from two or three teachers, counselors, or other adults using the online or paper form.
- Complete your short answers. You may log in and edit each of these until the deadline.
- Check the status page and follow directions there to ensure your application is complete.
Look for a decision in mid-March for international applicants and mid-April for U.S. applicants
2018 Application Deadlines
- Feb. 2, 2018: international applicants (non-U.S. citizens attending school in the U.S. or abroad, U.S. citizens or permanent residents attending school outside the U.S.)
If you are an international applicant and your parent will apply for financial aid, the same deadline applies for the financial aid application.
- March 2, 2018: U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) who attend school in the U.S.
Deadlines apply to receipt (not postmark) of all required application parts by 11:59 pm Pacific time. Materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Summer Science Program
2054 Kildaire Farm Rd #416
Cary, NC 27518
Choosing a campus
SSP in Astrophysics takes place on two campuses, New Mexico Tech in Socorro and Univ. of Colorado at Boulder. The dates are offset by one week. The research and facilities are largely identical. If applying to the Astrophysics program, you will indicate on the form whether you are applying for a particular campus only, or either campus, with an optional preference. Your chance of admission will be somewhat higher if you can attend either campus, since one may fill before the other.