Open House Day @ CU Boulder
On Saturday, July 15, 2017, join students, faculty, and alumni on the campus of the University of Colorado Boulder, for a day and evening of stimulating interaction with SSP students, faculty, and alumni. Families are welcome! The tentative schedule:
- 11:30 – 12:00 Welcome & sign-in, Fiske Planetarium
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch with students and faculty, Center for Community (C4C)
- 1:00 – 2:30 College Roundtable
- 2:30 – 3:00 Executive Director’s report on SSP expansion and strategic planning
- 3:00 – 4:30 Science Trivia Contest!
- 4:30 – 5:30 break
- 5:30 – 7:00 Reception and dinner, Fiske Planetarium
- 7:00 – 8:30 After-dinner program, including presentation on “The Weirdest Stars in the Universe” by Dr. Emily Levesque, Asst. Prof. of Astronomy, Univ. of Washington.
- 9:00 – 10:00 Stargazing at Sommers-Bausch Observatory
- 9:00 and 10:30 (optional) public show, Fiske Planetarium
“Each visit with the students, and opportunity to meet the faculty and TAs, only stimulates my enthusiasm and excitement for SSP more, if that is possible.” –Matthew Geller ’64
Advance tickets are required – purchase them here by midnight on July 12. Lunch and dinner are included.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is about an hour away via a toll expressway. Options from the airport to campus include renting a car, SuperShuttle, or the local favorite SkyRide public express bus. Buy your ticket at the RTD desk in the terminal. For lodging we recommend the Boulder Inn, within walking distance from our dorm and observatory.
Questions? Email sspalum [at] summerscience.org